13 Baking Soda Uses To Clean Your Home And Body
There are more baking soda uses than you might know, but we’ve gather the best of them. These 13 clever tips can help you save a lot of money on household and beauty items.
Experience the amazing cleaning of your home with baking soda. Yes, it has cleaning properties that work not only on your skin but also on the floor, tiles and other things at home as well.
Baking soda is one of those multi-purpose things that is cheap and can be easily affordable.
Try these baking soda uses in your home cleaning process and experience the amazing shine and professional cleaning without spending a big amount of money.
Baking soda is commonly used at home for cooking purposes because it is edible. But, you will be surprised to know that it can also be used for cleaning purposes at your home. Keep reading if you want to know baking soda uses at your home.
Baking Soda Uses Around The House
Let’s get to know the unbelievable baking soda uses in cleaning your home:
1. Dishwasher Cleaning
Put some baking soda at the bottom of your dishwasher and then start the wash cycle. It not only cleans a dishwasher effortlessly but also removes any odor that stays on your dishwasher.
2. Clears Burnt Utensils
If your utensils get burned and turn black frequently, there is a quick fix with baking soda.
- Mix baking soda with some detergent, salt and cream of tartar with hot water. Keep the consistency of paste.
- Cover the burnt areas with the paste and let it sit for one to two hours.
- Wash with the water and the burnt patches will go away completely without putting effort on rubbing or scratching them.
3. Floor Cleaner
Annoyed with black patches that are awfully visible on the floor? Do not worry.
- Mix baking soda with detergent and some white vinegar.
- Stir this mixture completely until lumps are dissolved and then apply it on the floor where patches are visible.
- Leave it for two hours and then wipe it off.
With these baking soda uses, you can get rid of the darkest and most stubborn patches doing this few times.
Not just clean but this paste can also be applied to joints to regain the original color of the tiles which becomes black with the time and does not go off easily.
4. Washroom Uses
Apart from the tile and grouts, baking soda works great in cleaning the taps and buckets in the washroom that becomes dull due to water stains.
Apply baking soda with detergent over it and then rub it off. You will get to see the cleaning as it is done by professional cleaners.
5. Cleans Clothes
Put a spoon of baking soda in the washing machine with the detergent. It makes the clothes brighter and shinier. This is one of the all time tried and tested baking soda uses.
Also, if you are thinking to throw any of your favorite cloth because of some unsalable stain then stop!!! Apply baking soda with few drops of lemon on stains and hang it on your balcony in sunlight. Even the toughest stains will disappear completely.
6. Works On Tarnished Silver
Combine 3 parts of baking soda with one part of water. Rub the paste on silver using a sponge. Leave it for few minutes and then rinse thoroughly. The silver will start shining like a new one.
7. Aromatic Shower Disks
Yes, you can use baking soda to make shower disk and use it in your hot water bath.
- Mix baking soda and water in 1:3 ratio.
- Put it into silicon molds and add few drops of your favorite essential oil.
- Then fill the rest of the mold with baking soda mixture again.
- Let it set overnight or bake it.
- You can add few more drops of essential oil when it is dried completely.
- You can store it for 6 months in an airtight container.
Click on the ‘CONTINUE’ button below to continue reading. Don’t forget to SHARE with your friends.