This Elimination Diet Helps Solve Major Health Problems
Food sensitivity has become a major problem nowadays, since people don’t know how to adjust their daily meals with the help of an elimination diet. This might help reduce allergies, migraines, and acne caused by food allergies.
With this elimination diet, you can remove certain foods from your diet temporarily in order to trace the symptoms, if any.
It looks hard to follow a 6-week elimination diet, but it is important for your body to understand if you’re sensitive to certain foods. So, before starting this diet, prepare yourself for a big change.
How Do Food Sensitivities Affect Your Body?
Before following the elimination diet, you should know what food sensitivity can do to your body, and what disorders it can create. Here are the most important ones:
- Ailments including migraines, bipolar disorders, asthma, skin problems and other health issues can be a result of food sensitivity.
- Infection and inflammation can also arise sometimes if the sensitivity is not treated properly.
- Food sensitivities can cause poor digestion, low immunity, intestinal permeability, damaged gut cells and many more.
- It also can create severe issues in gastrointestinal tract leading to health issues in the entire body.
- The symptoms can be nausea, bloating, constipation, loose stools, heart burn and bad breath.
What To Eat And What Not When Following The Elimination Diet
The elimination diet consists of 2 phases:
- In the first phase you need to eliminate all the foods that might create a sensitivity. They are presented below under the title “What not to have” for each food category. This process should last 3 weeks.
- The second phase lets you reintroduce a forbidden food category every 3 days. You need to focus at least 3 days on a single food category to have enough time to notice the changes. This process lasts 3-4 weeks.
You need to be careful when you reintroduce a food category, and notice all the changes that happen in your body. These changes might be:
- Brain fog;
- Joint pain;
- Skin rashes;
- Respiratory issues;
- Stomach pain, etc.
Below is the list of what you can have and what not in the same food category type:
What to have: Eat only fresh fruits. Fruits have natural sugar that is not harmful for the body. It also gives you the required nutrients.
What not to have: You need to avoid all citrus fruits and all kind of nuts in this elimination diet.
What to have: It is always recommended to have green vegetables. But you can also include colorful veggies in your diet. So have them roasted, steamed, or raw to get all those valuable nutrients for your body and skin.
What not to have: The vegetables you need to avoid in this elimination diet are tomatoes, eggplants, beans, peas, tofu, lentils and white potatoes.
What to have: Starches are beneficial and required for your body, so you should include some rice in your daily meals.
What not to have: You have to avoid wheat, barley, corn, oats and all products that contain gluten.
4. Meat and Fish
What to have: Fish, turkey, and lamb are a great source of nutrients for your body.
What not to have: Avoid chicken, eggs, canned meat, sausages and other meat substitutes made from soy.
5. Dairy Products
What to have: Replace the ordinary milk with coconut milk or rice milk. That way you reduce the fat intake and prevent any possible sensitivity.
What not to have: Avoid all products that are made from cow milk or buffalo milk.
What to have: Eat healthy fats like coconut oil, flaxseed oil or olive oil.
What not to have: Avoid butter, spreads, mayonnaise.
What to have: Include pepper, salt, and fresh herbs and spices.
What not to have: While being on this elimination diet, you need to eliminate any kind of sauces and liquid spices, such as: chocolate sauce, chutney, mustard, ketchup, etc.
What to have: There is no other option than stevia leaves when it comes to sweetening element.
What not to have: Stop eating any other sweetener. No sugar, no honey, no nothing!
What to have: Water, just water. And drink plenty of it!
What not to have: You cannot have any kind of soft drinks, or alcohol in this diet.
Start following the elimination diet and experience the changes by yourself. It might be hard in the first 3 weeks, but after that it will be much more easy. Here you can find more details about this diet plan.
Let this elimination diet bring a positive vibe in your life. Treat your body as a temple!