Homemade Nachos Recipe For You
Nachos are among the most popular Mexican recipes, so I present this homemade nachos recipe. I think you also like nachos, so try my version of it. You can make the nachos sheets from tortilla cut in triangle, or homemade like I did. Serve with cheese on top or with different cheese-based sauces. I served this homemade nachos with guacamole sauce, cheese and salsa sauce.
Homemade Nachos Recipe
It looks like nachos come from a city in Mexico, being the creation of a specific Ignacio “Nacho” Anaya. He worked in a hotel when he received some unexpected guests, and discovered that in the kitchen he only have tortillas and cheese. He cut tortillas into triangles, put cheese on it and jalapeno slices and heated them. And so it seems to have created the famous Nachos.
- 350 g corn flour;
- 300 ml water;
- 100 g flour;
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- Mix the corn flour, the flour and the salt together.
- Then gradually incorporate the water.
- When the dough has bound, on your worktop prepare 2 plastic foil wrap, as large as tray, or your worktop.
- Place on 1 of the plastic food foil half of the nachos dough.
- Stretch the dough a little and place over it the second plastic foil.
- Roll the nachos dough into a thin sheet between the 2 plastic foils.
- Remove the top plastic wraps, then cut the dough first into squares and then into triangles.
- You will do the same with the other half of the dough.
- In a pan heat the oil and fry the nachos on both sides for two or three minutes.
You are done with this homemade nachos recipe. Serve the nachos warm with different sauces. I served the homemade nachos with some guacamole sauce, cheese dipping and some basic salsa fresca. I hope you try this recipe. If you do so, let me know if you liked it. Bon Appétit!