Mushroom Souffle Recipe
This mushroom souffle recipe or in fact any souffle recipe can represent a challenge for anyone. I prepared for you a secret that will make you a souffle master. Many housewives and even some chefs are find quite difficult to prepare a souffle, but after the basic principles of the ‘operations’ are mastered, cooking a souffle can become a piece of cake.
It can be said that the secret to prepare a successful souffle is to create a sufficiently aerated foam of egg white. Whether you want to cook a sweet or sour souffle, the method is the same. So you have to make the perfect egg white foam and carefully add the other ingredients and you will have a perfect souffle.
For the best egg foam make sure you have a metal whisk and a metal bowl. If you are using an electric mixer don’t use it on full power, but at half speed. The foam is done when you have beaten the eggs until a soft peak forms when you lift the whisk or beaters from the mixer bowl.
When you mix the foam whites with the other ingredients, the secret is that both compositions has to be similar in consistence. So mix at first a little foam with the other ingredients using a metal spoon.
I hope this mushroom souffle recipe will be easier to make now that you know how to make the perfect foam.
Mushroom Souffle Recipe
Vegetable proteins successfully replace meat in many menus, so mushrooms can be used it all sorts off delicious filling or side dish. Today we are making a mushroom souffle.
- 300 g Champignons mushrooms;
- 150 ml sour cream;
- 4 eggs;
- 100 g butter;
- 200 ml sweet milk;
- 2 tablespoons flour;
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil;
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs;
- Clean the mushrooms, wash them and cut into thin slices.
- Cook them with 50 g butter until softens.
- Separately heat the rest of the butter add flour, milk stirring constantly until it thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper then let it cool a little.
- Add to this mix the egg yolks, one at a time, then the sour cream and the mushrooms.
- Last add the egg white foam to the mix.
- Pour the mixture in a greased baking dish with oil and coated with breadcrumbs. Let it bake in the oven, sitting in a bain-marie, for about 45 minutes.
This is an easy mushroom souffle recipe. You can serve it cold or hot. Let me know if you make a nice souffle this time. Bon Appétit!