Onion Cream Soup Recipe
I have for you the easiest onion cream soup recipe prepared for today. With just a few ingredients you will make a delicious dish. The perfect recipe for when you run out of imagination when preparing diner, or when you have some friends over. It is very simple and is slightly sweet. When I make this soup, I serve it with croutons and grated cheese, it is so good. Try it yourself and you will love it to.
Onion Cream Soup Recipe
This is not quite like the French onion soup recipe. But if you want to make it look like that instead of the croutons use a hole slice of bread and put some parmezan on top. Then put the bowl of soup a bit in the oven. Bake it until the cheese is melted. There, now is a bit more like the french one. Serve the dish hot.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil;
- 800 g onions;
- 50 g butter;
- 45 g garlic;
- 150 g potatoes;
- 750 ml milk;
- 750 ml water;
- freshly ground pepper.
Now that you are gathered all the ingredients you can start preparing this onion cream soup recipe that you will love of course.
- In a large saucepan heat the olive oil and the butter.
- Cut the onions finely and add it in the saucepan.
- Cover the bowl and let the onions to stifle 10-12 minutes until tender without stain.
- Add the garlic too and let the saucepan for another minute on the stove.
- Then add all the remaining ingredients in the saucepan and bring it to boiling point.
- Take the stove heat to low and let the soup simmer another five minutes.
- Try the onions and potatoes, they should be very soft.
- After the ingredients are cooked, put the contents in a blender and blend it until you get a smooth cream.
- Season this cream soup.
So if you choose to make the bread croutons for the onion cream soup recipe and use the grated cheese here are the ingredients for it.
Ingredients for croutons
- 6-8 slices of bread;
- olive oil;
- dried basil.
Preparation of the croutons
- Cut the bread into cubes. You can use more or less bread if you like.
- Put the croutons in a bowl and add the spices to it and a few tablespoons of olive oil.
- Mix everything together and put them in the oven.
- Mix occasionally the croutons until browned.
So this tasty onion cream soup recipe is done. I serve it with the grated cheese and the croutons at the bottom of the plate and the cream soup on top. This way when you take a spoon the cheese will be melted and stretch so nice. Let me know if you like it. Bon Appétit!