This Core Exercise Is More Powerful Than 1000 Sit Ups
We all want a toned and flat stomach. So to get a six pack abs, most of us focus on too many hardcore exercises, such as countless sit-ups and crunches, which are painful and not much helpful for the flat abs. However, with one simple core exercise you can get your flat stomach way more easier.
The Best Core Exercise
The exercise we’re talking about is plank, which targets the abdominal muscles specifically and also helps to strengthen the entire core area. (1)
Before starting this core exercise, make sure that your stomach is not full. Pick the right time in the morning or evening when you have not eaten too much.
Also, an improper position can give you spine problems, while at the same time, proper planks can help reduce spinal curving. (2)
So, make sure to carefully follow these steps to do planks properly:
- Keep your hands and knees on the ground in such a position where your stomach is facing the ground.
- Get your forearms on the ground keeping them at a shoulder width apart distance with palms flat on the floor.
- Lift your head keeping your face towards the floor and spine parallel to the ground.
- Raise your body so that it will be supported only by your forearms and toes.
- The whole body should be in a straight line from the top of your head to the heels.
- Tighten the core and hold the position for at least 20 seconds.
- Lower down your knees to the floor and rest for 10 seconds, then repeat.
- Do as many rounds as needed until you cumulate 6 minutes of planking.
Do it for a 5-6 of times a week and you are going to see the difference in less than a month.
Start with 20 seconds of holding the plank position, but slowly extend it to 60 seconds in some days. The more you will hold, the better the results will be.
Also, you can increase the total time to 10, even 15 minutes per day after a couple of weeks.
This core workout can also be done with plank variations, instead of the regular elbow plank presented above. Here are some ideas:
- Side Plank
- Reverse Plank
- Single Arm Plank
- Single Leg Plank
- Side Plank With Leg Lift
- Side Plank Lifts
- Plank Hip Dips
If you think this core exercise is pretty rudimentary, you’re wrong! Plank targets and tones your stomach muscles and helps in reducing overall body fat too. That’s pretty much what you need to reach your fitness goal, right!?
Planks have many more other health benefits besides getting those chiselled ab muscles. They increase flexibility and boost metabolism, reduce injury risk and strengthen your joints, etc. (3)
Start this core exercise today and see the amazing results in less than 30 days. Have fun!
Don’t forget to SHARE with your friends. Thanks! :)